Some people learn better in a one on one environment. Sometimes our class schedules just don’t work out. Sometimes there are specific questions you have about a style of photography or your specific gear. You can learn special photo editing tricks or even join Mark in his studio. This is a very flexible opportunity for you to select your own agenda, topics and time. Evenings and weekend are available if needed.
We have also been very successful in doing long distance tutoring using phones, web cams, and screen sharing. Talk to Mark for a free evaluation.
Tutoring can be an intensive and focused opportunity to let Mark work with you on individual issues and goals. He will shoot right along side of you or sit down for a critique and suggestions session. Depending on a photographers interests, sessions have focused on such things as:
- How your camera works. Answering all the questions about the camera’s functions, options, menus and dials so they thoroughly understand their systems capabilities and options.
- Advanced exposure controls. Better understand the use of light metering and overcoming the many ways that it can be fooled. See how the different metering options work, how to manually compensate and how to use bracketing techniques. We even talk about how to shoot High Dynamic Range (HDR) images.
- Portraiture. Lighting whether natural, studio or remote flash is crucial. So is posing and camera angles to most flatter a subject. Mark spent 8 years doing portraiture.
- Off camera lighting. How do you use wired or wirelessly synched battery powered flash heads to manipulate the lighting environment. How do you use light control equipment like umbrellas, softboxes and diffusion discs?
- Green Screen - Special effects for putting people where they aren’t.
- Digital editing. Using Photoshop CS or Elements, Picasa, Irfanview or other tools to maximize the quality of images you take.
There are many more options. Tutoring is all about your specific needs and interests. Call Mark and discuss your options. You will walk away from these sessions with fresh ideas and insights that will remove barriers and inspire your next level of creativity.
Cost: $40/Hr. 3 Hours for $100 We recommend starting out with the 3 Hour block.
If you are interested in this service, please contact Mark directly at Mark@SmarterPics.com or call him at 517 897 4172